- To conduct workshops, seminars and specialized engineering training to meet the current needs of the society.
- To support students in applying creative thinking on interdisciplinary design processes based on Mechanical Engineering
- To improve the presentation skills of the students so that they can share their innovative ideas in the research forum.
- To carry out the research projects to solve the current problems in the industry.
- To enhance their open-minds and positively critic spirits to recognize social and ethical responsibilities for what they have researched and developed.
- To acknowledge international role of engineers in the global society, and develop the leadership for industrial, academic and research institutes.
The inauguration of ‘MERF’, The Mechanical Engineers Research Forum of K S R Institute for Engineering and Technology was held in Silver Jubilee Hall on 22.07.2015 at 10.00 a.m. Dr.V.Balasubramanian, Professor and Director, Centre for materials joining and research, Department of Manufacturing Engineering, Annamalai University, was the chief guest for the function. The function started on an ominous note with the lightening of “Kuthuvilaku” by the dignitaries.
Mr.J. Shyamsunder a student of final year, Mechanical Engineering, welcome the gathering.
Mr.S.Balakrishnan, Assistant Professor of Mechanical Department and Faculty Coordinator-MERF, introduced the Office Bearers of MERF.
Dr.P.Murugesan, Head-Department of Mechanical Engineering delivered the brief note about MERF. He conveyed the objective and benefits of Research Forum to the faculty and students. And also he told a motivational moral story to the students.
During the Principal Address, Dr.M.Venkatesan, advised the students, to make use of this research forum in an effective manner.
The introduction of the chief guest and MERF activities were briefed by Mr. M. Gopinath,Executive member – MERF, student of final year Mechanical.
During the chief guest Dr.V.Balasubramanian inaugural address he appreciated the MERF this is entirely different from other association. Also he congratulates both Principal and HoD/Mech of K S R Institute for Engineering and Technology for initiating this Research Forum. He continued that, most of the final year students searching for the job after finishing the degree, instead of that students involved in research from pre-final year onwards, it will create the own employment. He advised that based on the re-engineering process, produce the machinery in less cost in own country and avoid import from foreign country. Finally he presented a Guest Lecture on ‘ADVANCED WELDING DESIGN’. While answering to the query of the student, He explained about the advances in welding process to the students. He also wished a bright future for all the students of KSRIET and he answered for all the queries raised by the students.
The function concluded with the vote of thanks by Ms.R.Sakthi Maheshwari pre final year student of Mechanical Engineering.
In KSR Institute for Engineering and Technology Department of Mechanical Engineering conducted ISTE CHAPTER MECHANICAL ENGINEERS RESEARCH FORUM (MERF) ON 21st JANUARY 2016