About the Department
IT is an area that has caused tremendous brain-drain for India and is now the most challenging and dynamic field. India is emerging as a superpower in the field of Information Technology. The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2011 with the objective of producing competent Information Technology Professionals. The Department offers one UG programme B.Tech. Information Technology since 2011 and one PG programme in Software Engineering since 2013. The UG programme is accredited by NBA.
The department is supported by well experienced and qualified faculty members. Faculty have been doing research in the areas like Data mining, Wireless Sensor Networks, Cloud Computing, Data Analytics, etc. Both students and faculty members have been trained in contemporary areas to meet out the eve changing industrial needs. The Department is equipped with the “State-of-Art” infrastructure and licensed software to help in self learning and practice.
|To produce competent Information Technology Professionals and Entrepreneurs with ethical values to meet the global challenges.|
1. Core Competency: Graduates will be successful professionals in career by applying the knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering with appropriate techniques and modern tools.
2. Professionalism: Graduate will exhibit soft skills, professional and ethical values and thrust for continuous learning to maintain professionalism in the IT industries.
3.Higher Studies and Entrepreneurship: Graduates will engage in higher studies and outshine as entrepreneurs through life-long learning which leads to societal benefits.
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the IT enabled solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, analyze and provide solutions to the problems reaching substantiated IT enabled conclusions.
- Design/Development of Solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the desired needs within realistic constraints.
- Conduct Investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern Tool Usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on engineering activities with the engineering community and with society.
- Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life Long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
1. Programming Skill: Work as Software Engineers for providing solutions to real world problems using programming languages and open source software.
2. Web Designing Skill: Ability to use the web designing skill to establish new solutions for the societal needs.