TNEA – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria laid down by the Anna University before filling the TNEA Application Form.
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board to be eligible to apply for the TNEA 2019.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- 40% of marks are mandatory for candidates belonging to reserved Category.
- TNEA Application Process will be started from May first week and last till May last.
Candidates belonging to the native state of Tamil Nadu have to take care of the instructions given below while applying for TNEA.
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 Std. in Tamil Nadu can apply for TNEA. They need not include Nativity Certification.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 Std. Or their equivalent from educational organisations located outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They must include a duplicate copy of Nativity Certificate only in the form of a soft copy/ digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Son or Daughters of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their local, provided their mother and father or parents (only if both parents are not alive) have been employed in Tamil Nadu consistently for the past 5 years, supported by attaching certificates from the company of parents or guardian to that impact.
- Wards of All Indian Service Tamil Nadu cadre authorities are eligible to apply for the admissions.
- Wards of employees in the Public Sector or Government recognised Institution in Tamil Nadu working continuously for the past five years can also apply. They don’t need to submit domicile certificate for it. A certificate from the company has to be submitted along with the application stating that the individual is a permanent member of the company with proof like Income Tax Return, PF slips, etc. for past five years.
- Other state applicants who have passed 12th Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They don’t need to include “Nativity Certificate”.
Read TNEA Reservation Criteria
Other General Instructions To Be Noted Are Given Below
- Candidates not submitting their nativity certificate (if needed) in all the categories mentioned above, will not be considered for the exam.
- Tamil Nadu local applicants alone will be looked at for communal reservation. Others will be found under “Open Competition”.
Qualifying Examinations and Eligibility
Candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Candidate must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.
- Candidate belonging to general category must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with an aggregate of 50%.
- Candidate belonging to Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate belonging to MBC (Most Backward Classes) and DNC (Denotified Class) must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate belonging to SC/SCA/ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Caste sub-category/ Scheduled Tribe) must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.